German TV Documentary featuring Jack Kassewitz and the SpeakDolphin team of interns
conducting cognition and linguistist research at Dolphin Discovery's
Puerto Aventuras facility. This documentary follows Jack's work
as he records dolphin echolocation on 3D shapes, and uses those
recordings for successful communication with other dolphins. This 1 hour documentary
features SpeakDolphin's research as the lead story, while examining
other bioacoustic research projects taking place around the world with elephants,
hippos, wolves, dogs and cows.
Joy is prevalent whenever we swim with dolphins, but creating a Peace on Earth ceremony with dolphins—that's just over the top! read more...
To significantly expand communication between dolphins and humans.
We are working towards this goal by using cutting-edge technology to:
- Develop new systems to explore cetacean cognition, acoustic abilities and create a language interface.
- Record cetacean sounds both above and below water in the broadest spectrum possible.
- Analyze these cetacean sounds for harmonic patterns and communication value.
- Use these analyzed sounds to play specific musical phrases and tones underwater -- back to the cetaceans -- while recording their contemporaneous responses.
- Publish and share this research in scientific journals.
- Assist in establishing new standards in the scientific grade recording and processing of marine mammal acoustics.
- Play cooperative games with cetaceans in order to expand our understanding of interspecies alliances and non-verbal communication.
- Produce and distribute dolphin recordings for integration into human culture.
- Use dolphin images and recordings to inspire humanity towards greater stewardship of our oceans.